Choosing the right Kids Taekwondo in Tamarac, Sunrise, Lauderhill for your family can be difficult, with some programs offering contracts, others allow you an entire month free and some are offered as seasonal programs. The most important concept to keep in mind is the value your Kids Taekwondo in Tamarac, Sunrise, Lauderhill can bring to your family.
Confidence, respect, discipline, goal setting can be achieved over time but making sure your child & family connect with the Kids Martial Arts instructor is important to build trust and motivation.
At Universal Titan Taekwondo, students in our Kids Taekwondo Tamarac, Sunrise, Lauderhill learn to harness their natural cognitive and sport specific ability to become the best versions of themselves, to be calm in any situation and to use good common sense difficult situations.
Join our Kids Taekwondo in Tamarac, Sunrise, Lauderhill, schedule a free introductory class and become a part of the #1 Best Martial Arts Program in Tamarac, Sunrise, Lauderhill!
Bonus Fun Facts About Sport Taekwondo!
1. Taekwondo is a Korean martial art. It blends self-defense and combat techniques for exercise and sport. Taekwondo is also Korea’s national sport. Originating as a mixture of Shotokan Karate & Ancient Tekkyeon styles of martial arts.
2. The literal translation of Taekwondo is “the way of the hand and foot.” Tae means “to attack with the feet.” Kwon means “to strike.” And Do means “way.” Taekwondo training generally consists of learning a system of kicks, punches, blocks, and open-handed strikes. In addition to practicing physical skills and techniques, the Tenets of Taekwondo are characteristics that students are expected to incorporate in their daily lives.
3. Taekwondo follows a belt ranking system. It is said that there was only one belt rank in Taekwondo for the first 2,000 years. Today, Taekwondo students work their way through a series of belt ranks to achieve Black Belt achievement.
4. Taekwondo is an Olympic sport. In the past, only two martial arts styles have been included in the Olympics. Taekwondo is one, and judo is the other. (Karate was to be included at the postponed 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.) Taekwondo was featured as a demonstration sport in the 1988 Olympics held in Seoul. It became an official Olympic sport in 2000 at the Sydney Games.
5. Taekwondo has appeared in many movies. Celebrities like Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, and Jackie Chan have all featured Taekwondo in their films.
6. It’s a popular martial art. Over 70 million people practice Taekwondo all over the world.
In Conclusion: That's a pretty cool heritage to be a part of!
Schedule a free class today, Call Now! (954) 801-5520 to start!